Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 30, 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

If I've never used this verse before in my blog, I'm surprised. It goes to show how FAR away from Christ I've strayed. And I use the word IIIIII, because it is my doing, my fault and my responsibility.

We have the verse posted in our house in at LEAST 3 places (that I can think of off the top of my head), and the funny thing is, is that I've heard it at LEAST 5 times in the last week, be it in actual bible study in regards to a certain topic or just in passing. That is ONE way that the Lord slaps me across the head with a brick and says "I'm here SJ, would you LISTEN now!?"

The past few weeks I have come to realize, as Mia so eloquently did in Princess Diaries, "How many times a day do I use the word I?" Now, I KNOW that I'm a selfish person - I'm human right? But why is it that I am one of the few who is willing to not only admit that I'm selfish, but to try to change it in my OWN life. Why is it that 85% of society feels that they are owed something, or due something (yet again proving their humanity by thinking of themselves.) Why can't we all just turn our eyes unto the hills and know that our help WILL come from the Lord. It just may not be in OUR timing!

I know, I know - not everyone is a Christian or even believes in a higher power - But wouldn't it be easier to just think about someone else one person at a time, one day at a time! Smile at a stranger for no reason, hold the door for the young mom with a stroller (yeah, I'm talking about you three standing outside JCPenny staring at me in the pouring rain with a stroller), pick up a dollar and give it BACK to the person who dropped it, take ONE moment of your day to try and make someone else's day brighter.

I know that since I've been doing the Love Dare I have not only been thinking about showing my husband unconditional Love in ALL things that I do, but making other people feel that way just by my presence as well! Am I the ONLY one who wants to make a difference in someone's life?

Now, please don't think that I am by ANY means preaching to you, because trust me, I am the least of these! I am a sinner right after being a child of Christ, and I have no qualms or denials about my sins and my past (qualms maybe, denials absolutely not). Heck, I'm human I sin every day, knowingly or unknowingly, but none the less a HUGE sinner. So please don't believe that I'm trying to tell you how to live your life, or even guide you - because I know that i have shortcomings as well. I'm just hoping that by my words of encouragement we can each make a difference in one person's life.

Just remember that: "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40. When we TRY to make someone's day Christ smiles upon us and shines his light through us.

Thought for the day: Have YOU made a difference in someone's life today? this week? this month? this year? If not is the problem with you or with everyone els?

Prayer for the day: Lord help me to be an instrument of thy peace and a light in the darkness. Let me emit your light in all whom I touch, and let me touch someone in a different way each day! Bring peace into my heart and help me to remember to walk the walk not just talk the talk!

No comments: