Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When life throws you for a curveball

So ... it's now been 1 week since Nolan's been at WLC, and Enoch misses daddy SO much, so does mommy of COURSE - but it's good to see that he's so acclimated to his home life and seeing daddy at lunch and in the evenings. I think HE needs a break from all of mommy's hugs and kisses and such LOL! But in time daddy will be home and we'll be back in the swing of things.

As for life -WOW! I think that the Lord throws us curve balls in HIS perfect timing, knowing we can handle them, for reasons unbeknown-st to us; but He wants to see how we react to them and treat the bad news. As of this morning my great Aunt Shirley is breathing on her own, but not for long. Which is only sad because she is the last of her generation. In the last 5 years 3 of my grandfather's siblings have died and Shirley is the last - so it's a very rough go for the family. I wish we were closer to MI so I could attend the memorial, but it's what it is.

In the same phone call I found out that my step-grandmother has colon cancer. This is a shock because she has always been very healthy and eaten right. Now I KNOW that eating properly is NOT a good fight for cancer - it just plain SUCKS!

And on top of that we got confirmed news about my MIL. What sucks the most is that this will change her WHOLE lifestyle. I/We know that everything happens for a reason, but can we be done with bad news for a while? My parents are taking the news about my grandmother VERY rough and I'm sure Nolan will be less than happy about his mom, but we can get through this together!

As for Enoch, he's growing, happy, healthy and ALL smiles! I seriously don't know if ther has EVER been a baby that smiled this much. He is so smart too. He talked to BOTH grandma's today and when they told him "I Love You" he just got a HUGE grin on his face! Of course when I tell him he tries eating my face, but then again I tell him at LEAST 20 times a day LOL! I'm working on the sign language with him for "I Love You" "hungry" "more" "momma" and "daddy" - the rest will come later, once he stops looking at me like I'm stupid and actually learns what they mean LOL!

More later !

No comments: