Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reason, Season and lifetime!

AUGH ... almost 2.5 months since I've written. I'm sorry guys :( Well to start, the reunion went surprisingly well. My 3 best friends from high school ended up not showing up, probably for the better anyway. I'm glad to say that some people DO change, but unfortunately some people just don't change or grow up.

We have passed the 6 month mark for this deployment, and contrary to popular belief they ARE manageable and REALLY not that hard to get through. The first deployment was much harder, because there was so much uncertainty. With this one I KNOW who he's coming home to and HE knows what he was coming home to :)

I am now 30 weeks pregnant and growing like a watermelon on steroids. I am so far all belly and this (being the vain person that I am) I am quite happy about.

Got a surprise call from Nolan this morning stating that he is to begin the redeployment process very shortly :) This is news to us because the last thing we heard, they were sending him home on R & R with only a month and a few days left of the deployment. So ... as of right now, he will be home in time for the birth of our first child :)

I spent the day (like many days recently) with Kayleigh and Miss Kyla, came home to pick up the puppy and we all went over to the Davis' house to bake and decorate cookies with their two children.

I can not believe how blessed I/we TRULY am/are. I know I don't deserve all that the Lord has given me, or even know how to thank Him for giving us so much. The one thing that I could not thank Him enough for are the friends that I/we have made here in the short time that we have been stationed here at Bragg. Not only are two of my closest friends absolutely amazing and wonderful women, but their spouses have become Nolan's closest friends in Afghanistan. However, this time next year the happy group of about 7 women will be broken apart, and all going our separate ways. As sad as that is to say, I know that I have made some friends for life. Which reminds me of an anonymous poem that I have been thinking about a LOT recently. Which has made me also look back on my life and thank God for EACH and every peron that has crossed my path. Including ex's, ex best friends and former cheerleaders (among just a few). I hope that this poem does something for just ONE person who reads it, it has meant a LOT for me throughout the years.

REASON, SEASON AND LIFETIME

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty'
to provide you with guidance and support;
They may seem like a godsend, and they are!
They are there for the reason you need them to be!

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at any inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you and experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you and unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it's real. But only for a season

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime!

SJ :)


No comments: