Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009

So ... tomorrow is week 15 for me. I can't believe I'm almost 4 months pregnant. I HATE that Nolan isn't here, but he's really not missing anything. As long as he gets to be here for the birth that's REALLY all that matters :)

My day started out with a couple phone calls. Actually got to talk to my MIL (Mother-in-law) for the first time in WEEKS, and my good friend Jamie called to chat about some other things as well. I think this is the earliest I've gotten my butt out of bed since before I found out I was pregnant. YAY 2nd trimester :)

As for my adventure, I drove up to Raleigh to pick up a friend who needed a ride onto post to in process. That was an adventure, let me tell you! It took me almost an hour and half to actually GET there (should have only taken an hour), cause traffic was HORRENDOUS! And thanks to Grace (my GPS on my AT & T phone <-- crap, and gracefully gets me to the wrong place) we took almost two and a half hours getting back to post. Let's just say it was a VERY scenic route and we felt like we were back in Michigan again LOL!

Came home and watched the best of SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance). And of COURSE was in tears cause I got to see some of my most favorite dancers again. Pretty much the whole cast from season 2: Benji, Heidi, Allison, Ivan and Travis (my top 5 ;)), and Jeanine and Jason's contemporary (choreographed by Travis) ... however I was QUITE disappointed that Lacey and Neil's contemporary dance and Jeanine and Brandon's finale dance weren't on the top. They are at least on MY top! This has got to be one of the most amazing shows ever created. It's NOTHING LIKE American Idol. AI has some good people, not nearly as impressive as the first couple seasons, but SYTYCD ... their contestants are raw and refined at the same time. I can't WAIT for season 6 to start next week.

Other shows that I'm looking forward to are: One Tree Hill (probably the final season ... sad face :( ) Vampire Diaries, Melrose Place (i HATED the first one), Glee, Grey's (Izzy DIDN'T die ... that was a shock to me) ... and a few more. But after not watching much television at ALL for 2 years while focusing on my studies ... it's AMAZING to just be able to sit back and relax.

As for the Army life ... it's going. I wish we were in a bigger area with a better Broadcasting industry cause if I don't get into a job SOON I'm gonna be out of the loop and NEVER get a job. It's an ever changing industry and if you don't keep up on the changes, you're OUT! No matter how good or bad you were in college, you have GOT to stay on top of your game. So I think I might suck it up and start looking around at the radio stations. I KNOW it's not what I want to do, but ... it's better than nothing!

Hubs has almost been deployed for 3 months and I think i'm STARTING to feel it. Haven't talked to him in 3 days now and would REALLY like to hear his voice, even if it IS only for 5 minutes. Where he is they have no internet and no phone bank so he has to borrow friends cell phones to call, which isn't really a big deal, but where they are they don't have a way to add minutes, so it kinda sux that we didn't get him one before he left where he was and went to where he is.

Starting to feel some stretching aches once in a while, especially when I stretch my back ... I feel a tugging in my lower abdomen and know FINALLY that there's a baby stretching me out, I'm NOT really just getting fat LOL!

Hope you all are having an awesome day and YAY for a holiday weekend coming up :)

1 comment:

brenda said...

um SO freakin excited for vampire diaries!!! :bouncing:
house starts this month too w00t!!