Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

Well, today was interesting to say the least.

It started out with a phone call from my FRG leader, we talked for over an hour and half about stuff concerning LOTS of things. But mainly she was contacting all her key callers about some drama that has been going on and the whole year that she had control, there was NO DRAMA, now that she's handing the group over to another leader (old one's hubs got promoted to XO). Of COURSE some of the drama has to do with my inability to keep my opinions to myself and how boyuant I am. However, with that said I will NOT change who I am for anything. I am who I am and God made me this way, either you love me or hate me but if you hate me get out of my way :)

I guess my biggest problem is that I am one of the MOST organized persons I know. My spices are alphabatized, my books are by author and series. My movies are alphabatized (I've been tempted to put them in genre as well LOL) and everything around me is DETAILED. So when someone has a leadership position and are above me, I guess I kinda flip out when they have absolutely NO organizational skills.

Another thing that bothers me about the FRG is that we're ALL supposed to log our volunteer hours. WHY? I'm doing it because I want to help other families that are also going through a deployment get along better and make sure that they're doing alright. I don't do it to log hours to see who can get the most (which I KnOw most women don't do it for the credit), cause there are awards at the end of the deployment. I don't WANT an award, I don't WANT recognition, I want to make sure that other families are doing alright. My husband wants me to log my hours, cause I spent at LEAST a half hour every day doing SOMETHING for the FRG, but it's really not worth it to me.

Haven't heard from him in 3 days, which is fine ... cause he doesn't have phone access. But I can't WAIT for him to get his birthday package. The first sonogram picture, and pictures of my baby bump from week 11 and week 14 are in there, a triple layer heart shaped cake, his computer, TONS of candy and I think I already wrote about this LOL! Can't tell I'm excited can you?

Well tomorrow is a trip to Raleigh to pick up a friend from college who is now stationed here, but was a dumb butt and got a flight into Raleigh instead of Fayetteville, DUR~ So tomorrow should be a good day. Andrew is SUCH an awesome guy and I think started jumping up and down when I told him Nolan and I were pregnant. He's like a little brother to me and I can't wait to see him again :)

More tomorrow :)

No comments: