Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Things that make you go WOW!

So driving down the road about 3 weeks ago I was listening to my favorite radio station and apparently it was one of those emotional days for me (darn hormones) because the song somewhat choked me up. I messaged a few of my favorite ARMY wives the title and I guess it wasn't just me, cause it made them phaclempt as well.

I guess that with the first deployment it was MUCH different because my grandmother was dying and I had JUST met Nolan over Thanksgiving, getting to spend that Christmas with my grams was more important that some soldiers a world away who didn't even know about me. But this year it's much different. Not only do I have a husband who is deployed and I am carrying our first child, but I have become VERY close with some special women who have each touched my heart in different ways and who each have husbands that are deployed and children of varying ages from 7 down to 2 months. All but one of our husband's are deployed, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't know what we're all feeling right now around the holidays.

Regardless of where you are or who you spend Christmas with, please don't forget WHY we celebrate CHRISTmas, and what the REAL meaning of this season is. Our Lord and Savior was BORN this day (though historically QUITE inaccurate <-- mute detail) and we must be grateful for all that we have in him and here on this earth. Many people have less and many people have more but never forget that Jesus was born in a manger amongst animals ... a lowly baby born in the cold of night and born to save us ALL!

So back to my main point ... this is the song that I heard on the way home that one day and have not (nor will soon) forgotten the message of the song. I miss you babe and can't wait for you to get home so we can ALL (all 6 of us) adjust to our new lives together :) Til the end of time :)

SJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njIDBfNZ1RY

No comments: