Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30, 2009

Well, today I heard from the hubs. First time in 4 days, it feels like we’re back in and Infantry deployment, but he seemed to be in pretty high spirits. He likes the privacy of only 4 people to a room instead of 56 to a tent. He also says that the showers are MUCH nicer, but non of that makes up for the lack of phones and internet (though we’ll be saving about $250/month on phone cards LOL). And as a close friend’s husband says “There’s Porceline toilets” … I guess that’s a priortiy for some people LOL.

As for life here on Bragg, the women (for the most part) are AMAZING … I’m a member of the FRG and recently got the position of Fundraising and Social chair, which I guess is perfect for me, since I like BOTH of those things :) Like I said the women here are AMAZING but having my husband gone and being so far away from my sorority sisters is NOT the easiet thing in the world.

Everytime Nolan and I have been apart in the last year and half (which was a lot since I was in MI and he was either in NY or VA) I had my sisters as support. But now that I’m down here without my husband and without my sisters, it’s VERY different. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a VERY strong woman and VERY independent … it’s just a whole new experience for me.
I don’t mind sharing my experience with you all but instead of always sharing my experiences with you, would LOVE to hear about your experiences. Either deployed, in training or just waiting … I also have a support board wher about 30 friends/girlfriends/fiances/wives get together and talk about anything and everything military. I hope this in somehow, someway helps one or more girls/women going throug the same thing I’ve gone through :)

No comments: